- The handling of liquid fuels is easier and they require less storage space.
- The combustion of liquid fuels is uniform.
- The solid fuels have higher percentage of moisture and consequently they burn with great difficulty. However, liquid fuels can be burnt with a fair degree of ease and attain high temperature very quickly compared to solid fuels.
- The waste product of solid fuels is a large quantity of ash and its disposal becomes a problem. However, liquid fuels leave no or very little ash after burning.
- The firing of liquid fuels can be easily controlled. This permits to meet the variation in load demand easily.